Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Valentine’s Mani!

For Valentine’s Day, I did another cute, simple mani.  I took a picture of it to showcase it for a contest on Reddit….and completely forgot to take another, better one for my blog.
valentine's mani blog

I used Deborah Lippmann – Marnie as a base, with Rainbow Honey – XOXO on top. 
I loved this mani once it was done, but I did not love getting there.
I did not like the Deborah Lippman.  The color is gorgeous.  It is the perfect prim and proper pink, just as the label suggests.  However, it did not go on smoothly.  It did not go on evenly.  It took forever to dry.  It took about four coats to achieve opacity, and even then, the color was still uneven in some places.  I don’t think I’m terrible at applying nail polish.  I just don’t think this was great.  It certainly didn’t live up to the hype that comes with a $20 bottle of nail polish.  I mean.  I do love the color.  It’s lovely.  It just seemed to fall flat, otherwise.  :(
However, the Rainbow Honey glitter topcoat was just TO DIE for.  The picture doesn’t even begin to do it justice.  Silver holo glitter, gold micro-glitter, red glitter, and…. RED HOLO GLITTER.  It looked like my nails were covered in tiny rubies.  That red holo glitter literally made the bottle.  I want to use it as a topcoat for everything.  So beautiful.  I could not stop staring at my fingers. It is truly stunning and will be featured in a lot of manis in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment