Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Birchbox February 2015

I signed (back) up to Birchbox in late February 2015, after cancelling my subscription back in September of 2012.  I didn't think I'd get a February box, since I subbed mid-month, but I was lucky & managed to snag one of their curated boxes for new members.  What follows is my review!

The Subscription BoxBirchbox USA
The Cost: $10 every month
The Products: 4+ full size and sample size beauty products
Ships to: US, Canada, Spain


First of all, how cute is this?  The "Wonderful" Amanda Wampler
 Standard, traditional, cardboard Birchbox.
The contents:  Small samples gathered in the mint package, shampoo, conditioner, lotion
Above this stuff was the card indicating the contents and their values.  All samples this box, no full sizes, but that is a-okay with me.
Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle
This is a fairly popular leave-in conditioner.  I've read about it in several beauty forums on multiple occasions.  First off, it smells wonderful.  It's a nice detangler/leave-in conditioner with a somewhat thick consistentcy - however, it does not feel heavy on my hair!  Squirt a bit in after washing/before drying, smooth through the hair, brush, and dry!  I really enjoy this product and would definitely consider purchasing a full-size in the future!  This sample is extremely generous and will probably last me a month or more, even with multiple uses per week!
Lord & Berry Pailettes Eye Pencil
 
This is a black eyeliner with silver glitter.  Pretty straightforward.  I've received Lord & Berry eyeliners before in other beauty boxes, and, honestly, I am just not an eyeliner person.  I have extremely hooded eyes and just don't wear eyeliner because I don't want my eyes to appear any smaller than they already do.  I did swatch this (see below) and it looked alright and seemed to go on smoothly, but I'm just going to sterilize it and put it in my swap box.

Lip stain & eyeliner swatches
Cynthia Rowley Beauty Creamy Lip Stain in Poppy
This was a new-to-me brand.  Honestly, the stain is pretty nice.  The sample is huge and will last a very long time.  In the bottle it looks much more red than it does on the skin and lips.  I'm not a huge fan of lip glosses, and, to me, this wears much more like a gloss than a stain, but, it's not terrible.  It will probably find it's way into my rotation.
Harvey Prince Hello Body Cream
I really wanted to love this sample.  It's fairly generous.  And I enjoy the fragrance, however, it gives me a headache if I actually wear it.   The lotion seems very nourishing, when I put it on my legs, it did leave them feeling smooth - I just couldn't bear the scent for very long due to my sensitivity to smell.  I gifted this to my mom, and she loves it.

BeeKind Shampoo
According to Birchbox, this is a lemon verbena scented, extremely gentle shampoo.  I haven't yet tried it, though I will when I run out of my current shampoos and samples!  (Look for it in an empties review one day soon?!)  The packaging itself is really cute & I imagine I'll be able to get several uses out of this package.
Verdict:  I'm pretty pleased with this first foray back into Birchbox territory.  Even though two of the five products won't make it into a regular rotation for me, the other three are really nice, and even one of the giveaways from the box worked out great for my mom!  Definitely excited to be back subscribing to Birchbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment