Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Birchbox March 2015

This month's box was AMAZING.  Seriously.  I love every single product in it (except, maybe, the lipgloss).  It was my first month of receiving a personalized box, and I completely adore it.  They hit it out of the park!

The Subscription BoxBirchbox USA
The Cost: $10 every month
The Products: 4+ full size and sample size beauty products
Ships to: US, Canada, Spain

This month's theme was creativity, and this was the cute box everything arrived in.
 
 As packaged
All lined up!

First off, as you can see, there are 6 samples this month!  Six!  And most of them are fairly generous.  Most.  (I'm looking at you, Supergoop.)  Furthermore, they are almost all products I'd love to use - though, let's be honest, the No. 4 is probably too expensive to find it's way into my usual routine!
amika Bombshell Blowout Spray 
This product is amazing!  First of all, it smells wonderful.  Fresh and clean, but gentle.  Not overwhelming.  But more importantly, it works wonders on my hair.  Years and years of dying it, sun damage, chlorine damage, etc., have left my hair somewhat drab and weak.  This spray helps keep it shiny, full, and soft.  I love it.  It is absolutely going into my regular hair care routine.

Whish Shave Savour Hair Inhibiting Gel
This product is awesome - and something I would never have tried for myself.  I received it in the Pomegranate scent, which is clean and soft.  As a test of it's effectiveness, I used this product on my left leg only, as directed, and used nothing on my right leg.  After about a week, the hair on my right leg was growing in much faster than that on my left - so, I can attest, this product works.  It, too, will be added into my regular beauty routine!  It also leaves my skin feeling soft and silky, like a nice, non-greasy lotion.
 
Number 4 Reconstructing Masque
I was only vaguely aware of the Number 4 brand prior to receiving this box.  It carries a very high price tag, so it's never been on my list to "must-try."  Of course, this month, I received 2 samples from them.  I haven't yet used this masque, which boasts that it can cure split ends that are in need of a trim.  It's gotten overwhelmingly positive other reviews, so I look forward to trying it.

Smashbox Cosmetics Be Legendary Lip Gloss in Disco Rose
Once again, a lip gloss.  When I swatched this one on my hand, it was rather patchy.  It smells okay.  I'm going to try it, but, really, I'm not a fan of lipglosses at all.  It will probably be gifted to my mom (who loves them).  I do love Smashbox products, though.  I use their primer and foundation currently, and I love they way they make my skin look.  Maybe this lipgloss will win me over, too.

Supergoop! Daily Correct CC Cream SPF 35+ in Fair to Light
Tiniest.  Sample.  Ever.  I have heard rave reviews of Supergoop! around the internet, so I'm excited to try this CC cream.  However, I think it may be too pale for me.  I'm a huge fan of dual-purpose products, so primer + sunscreen in one is a delight to me.  If it works as well as the internet says it does, I'll definitely add this to my regular routine, too.
 
Lipgloss and CC cream swatches (I swear the CC Cream is there!)
 
 Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo
So, again, never tried this brand before, received two samples at once.  This shampoo smells amazing.  The sample size is very generous.  But, you know if you've been following my blog, I have a TON of samples already.  So, I will get to it as soon as I am able!  For now, it will sit there on the shelf, being full and smelling great, until such a great day comes as I can use it.

Verdict:  This month was truly amazing!  I love hair care products (even if I have a million left to try!) and the Whish lotion and CC Cream will likely become staples in my routine.  I can't wait to see what April brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment