Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Walmart Beauty Box - Winter 2014/15

Back in late January, I succumbed to the call of free makeup, and signed up for the Walmart Beauty Box.  Delivered quarterly, you pay just $5 shipping for the box, and are promised some samples, full-sized products, and coupons that are season-appropriate.  I'll be the first to tell you I don't like shopping at Walmart, but I do like beauty boxes & the ability to try new products I normally wouldn't purchase for myself, so I gave this box a whirl.

The Subscription Box: Walmart Beauty Box
The Cost: $5 every 3 months (they ship in March, June, September and November)
The Products: 5-6 full size and sample size beauty products
Ships to: US only


It took about a month for the box to come, and quite honestly, I thought maybe I just wasn't going to get one until the spring issue of the box.  Let's have a look at what was inside.


Two full-sized products, two "deluxe" samples, and 2 foil packets.  Not bad, not bad.  Now let's get a little more in-depth on each product.

Dove Pure Care Dry Oil

Hair oil!  Honestly, finding a good hair oil has been on my to-do list for quite a while, but they can run kind of expensive, and I'm leery of dropping a lot of money on a product that may not work for me, so this is a very welcome sample!  Bonus:  it smells amazing!  The directions on the package aren't very detailed, so it took a trip to google to find out the proper usage of this product.  I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I'll be adding it into my beauty routine this week! 3-4 drops smoothed into the hair before blow-drying and you're all set!

Hard Candy All Glossed Up Lip Stain in Red Minx
Lip stain!  I really enjoy lip stains, as they tend to give a good color payout without being heavy or too oily.  In the picture, this stain pulls very pink, however on the lips, it's a much truer red.  I've worn it twice and while it doesn't last very long, it is very hydrating and the pop of color is nice and not something I would have bought for myself.

John Frieda Luxurious Volume Shampoo & Conditioner
When I kept my hair blonde, I used John Frieda products almost exclusively, to help me maintain the color, and I really enjoyed them.  Now I tend to dye it much less traditional colors (it's blue, right now, for instance!), and use more color-specific upkeep products.  I'll definitely give this a go when I run out of my current prodcuts, however.

L'Oreal Color Vibrancy 3-step System
This might find it's way into my rotation before the John Frieda samples - I've used it in the past with fairly good results.  It smells amazing.  Plus, the sample includes the leave-in conditioner, which my hair will thank me for!

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Boosters Facial Cleanser
This is a fairly good-sized sample.  I am, however, a little hesitant to try it.  I have extremely sensitive skin and I'm not terribly keen on interrupting my normal routine to try something that might be too harsh for me.  I will probably give this sample to my mom.
Rimmel London Lash Accelerator in Black
This product promises 117% longer lashes in just 30 days.  Now, I was not gifted with beautiful, long, luxurious lashes, like my husband and son were.  It takes a ton of mascara to even see that I have eyelashes.  So, for science, I am giving this mascara a shot.  We took front and profile pictures of my eyes/eyelashes, and in 30 days, I'll be writing back in with my results!  Normally, I'd also say the last thing I need is another mascara - it's a very popular product in various beauty bags, and I just splurged on the L'Oreal Manga eyeshadow...however, this one promises miracles, so I'm adding it into my routine!  Wish me luck!

Verdict:  I'm actually pretty pleased with this box.  Almost everything is practical and will get used & possibly repurchased!  I'd say this box is well worth the $5.  I also signed on to the Winter box very late, so I know my Spring box is right around the corner and that's exciting, too!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment