Thursday, March 5, 2015

February 2015 Empties!

Lately, I've been enjoying the subreddit Makeup Rehab.  It's a great place for people to share their successes and struggles as they work through shrinking their collections and/or purchases.  Some people join because they need to be on a no- or low-buy during the school year/season/whatever, some people join because they realized they owned over 500 eyeshadows that they weren't using, etc.  Whatever the reason, it's a really supportive community of makeup lovers and hoarders.

One thing that the community does, and I've found it fun to see, are "Empties" posts - that is, at the end of the month/start of the new month, you gather up all the containers you emptied that month, and you post about them, review them, etc.  It's a great way to really visualize just how much (or how little!) of your products you're using, and you can reflect on what you did or did not like about said products.

I've recently taken into really caring more for my hair, skin, and nails, and decided that I would like to post empties monthly on my blog.  So, when I finish a product, it hangs out in a little Ulta bag in my linen closet until the end of the month!

February was my first month to collect, and I didn't go through too much, but here are my empties, in all their glory:

Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy, Nair Face Depillatory, Clearsil Cream
 
Not a whole lot, I know, but I don't always wear makeup every day, etc.

The Organix product was amazing.  It made my hair soooo soft and smooth.  I used it every third day or so after I shampooed, leaving it on my hair for about 5 minutes before rinsing.  I'm currently working through some samples I've received from boxes in the past, but when I run out, I will very likely repurchase this product.  My only complaint was that the shape and design of the container made it hard to get the conditioner out once it was lower than about halfway - my fingers were too short to reach it without sticking my entire hand in the tub!

The Nair stuff was working alright - gotta get rid of that femme-stache!  However, the last time I used it (and, note, this container isn't empty, but is still getting tossed), I had a terrible reaction to it & my whole face looked like I had chemical burns (I guess I did, technically), and it took a few days for the redness and swelling to go down.  I've since swapped to Avon's Skin So Soft gentle depillatory and it seems to be much less harsh on my skin.

The Clearasil just stopped working for me.  I changed up my skincare routine (new soap, lotion, and sunscreen!), and when I broke out as was expected with the change in routine, I was continuing to use the Clearasil to spot-treat pimples, and it was no longer clearing them up.  I'm now using Terminator-10 and it seems to be working very well.

So!  That's my February empties!  What did you finish off last month?!

No comments:

Post a Comment